Impossibly Positive

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Nos and I have been tossing around the idea of placing Rev in a different daycare. She's currently spending two days a week in Nos's best friend's wife's care. The other three days a week, she's with my mother. I've said before how there's a LOT of driving involved in taking her to grandma's house.

Melissa is unlicensed, so we don't get our tax write-off for childcare. Another consideration is the fact that Melissa will be taking in another infant along with her ever-growing client base. That means she'll have a 3-month-old, a 5-month-old, and a 20-month-old all day, plus a 5-year-old and a 7-year-old in the afternoons. And that doesn't include other kids that drop in on a regular basis. Honestly, that's just too much! I'm not entirely comfortable with the fact that her attention will be pulled in so many directions, and she'll have to drive with Rev every day to pick up her afternoon kids.

I found a daycare through a referral agency that is run by an older Indian (as in from India) lady. She has two college-age daughters that act as her backups, and a 7th grade girl who loves to help with the babies. She's only certified for two under-two's and four older kids, so Rev will be getting a lot of individual attention. I went by her home yesterday, and everything looks great. She's even got her BA in Child Development!

We're going to move Rev there three days a week to give my mom a break, and it's only going to cost $20 more per week, plus we're now eligible for all of our deductions. Seems win-win to me. I do feel bad about changing our plans with Melissa, but when we mentioned it to her husband last night, he didn't seem to think she'd mind.







I bet she'll miss this cutie, though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home