Impossibly Positive

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Super Secret Crush Time

I visited with my dad and my stepmother and all my siblings in Borrego Springs, CA over Christmas. We had a nice time, dining, drinking, and playing outside in the beautiful weather in their golf course-facing home.


While I was outside with Rev on our first day there, I overheard their neighbor's son mentioning that he had just flown in from Portland, OR. I'll admit, I gave him the once over: he was my age, cute, and seemed pretty smart. We chit chatted for a few minutes at a time over the next couple of days.


I really really wanted to ask him for his number, but I totally chickened out. I'm not feeling so hot lately - I could stand to lose some weight and my skin was all fugly from my monthly visitor, so I wasn't going to put myself out there. Besides, I haven't really dated at all since Nos and I split up, barring the kinds of guys who look cute with beer goggles on, but are to be avoided in the light of sobriety.

Fast forward to Monday, and my stepmom sent me a text message asking if I remembered neighbor boy. Why yes, of course I did. And apparently he wants to get in touch. Wow! I haven't really felt attracted to someone in a while, so it's nice to know my spidey-senses aren't totally decayed after all. I told her it was all right to pass his mom my number to give to him. Over the last two days, I've been trying not to check my phone too much, but I caved and asked her last night if she'd sent him my info yet. And she hasn't. Aarg! The anticipation is KILLING ME.

At least I can stop fantasizing about cute boy if I know if I'm interested or not! So, psst, call me!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home