Impossibly Positive

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I'm meeting my boyfriend's parents this weekend.

There are a few things wrong with that statement.
One - I never have boyfriends.
Two - I never meet their parents, and they definitely aren't allowed to meet mine!

And now, within just six weeks, I'm head over heels.

Here's the normal man for me: He's way too old (at least 34 to my 24,) he's a jealous prick that likes to yell at me, and for some reason I'll sleep with him, but don't want my family or friends to see him because I'm embarrassed by him. He's usually very aggressive, intelligent, sarcastic, and a major socializer. Generally tall, loud & handsome, built like a wrestler or a soccer player.

Somehow I've now ended up with a man just three years older, who has already said he loves me (I think it's mutual - scary!), isn't booksmart, but is totally handy, and works with his hands. He's a sweetheart who tells me I'm beautiful on a regular basis. He's also charmed my mother and all of my social group. He's soft spoken & fiercely loyal to family and friends. Oh, and he loves to drive really, really fast on quads, bikes, and in his Jeep.

It's different, but I obviously wasn't doing something right the last few times I tried.

*sigh* And he's ready to settle down, too. Even all of his friends are married with kids. My friends, however, are all single 20-somethings who drink too much.

We'll see what happens - it could be interesting. I'm not sure if he's the kind of guy I ever thought I would be in love with. It drives my mother nuts - she always thought I'd be a scientist or a doctor and marry a filthy-rich educated guy. She can't stand that I haven't graduated from college yet, and that most of my close friends and lovers from the past few years haven't either. Never mind the fact that I have a great job (well, two jobs, actually) and am doing all right for myself. Anyhoo, if I want to keep my great job, I'd better get back to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home